RCU Forums - View Single Post - Learjet .40 Build
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 04:00 PM
vupilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Learjet .40 Build

Well today I made my big screw up....

I built the lower main spar of the left wing upside down and did not catch it until I had 3 ribs and the trailing edge glued in.

To fix my screw up I had to carefully remove the 3 ribs from the spar flip the spar over and remove the spar joiner and re-glue the joiner to the top of the spar instead of the bottom. Lost an hour fixing that but at least I caught it before I had more ribs glued in.

Hawk pilot
- I'm sure flaps would help you slow down a little (and look cool) but I think with the extra weight for the servos, pushrods and control horns would make it a wash. The chord (width) of the ailerons would mean your flaps would be quite narrow in width and perhaps not as effective unless you modify the wing structure quite a bit for wider flaps.

Im my case I have a long runway with plenty of grass runoff at both ends. I figure, its a Learjet, its going to land faster than many models if its designed to look scale in appearance. Full scale Learjet 35's arent the best short field performers either. Just my opinion but I do think the flaps would look great.