RCU Forums - View Single Post - Vortex Q500 Kit
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 07:26 AM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Vortex Q500 Kit

Freeair,

I'm not completely sure the pedigree of Great Planes kits. Some may be built in the USA? I'd feel confident in saying that both Horizon Hobby and Great Planes outsource at least 65% of their products to foreign countries. Now that may not be all "china" ?? Indonesia maybe does some stuff? I'm not totally sure of what country supplies the most ARF kits.

As far as the construction of the Viper, sounds like you have a good handle on the mod's needed. And everyone out there should fly what makes them happy, because that's the ultimate goal.. To have fun. Also everyone's budget is different, and purchasing race planes is certainly dollar driven. I don't drive a Porsche, because I just can't afford it…and they won't sponsor me for some reason. The Vortex buisness only sponsors a couple people, we don't make much money building quickees. So sponsorship is just not in the cards.

In today's day and age, people either don't have the time, or are not motivated enough to build. So the demand for ARF type racers is very high right now.

Randy Bridge