RCU Forums - View Single Post - final flight report, pics, and small vid of cermark f-16s
Old 11-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: final flight report, pics, and small vid of cermark f-16s

Hi guys, Nice job on the F-16's.
Where did you get the decals? I would like some for my next project. I also have the F-16 (still in box).
I bought the Cermark F-18 (Blue Angels scheme) a few months ago. I flew it as is then stripped it down and did a total re-do on the plane. You can see the 'new' F-18 on my gallery photos. It's pretty good. I did a modified version of the Diamondback (my own enhancements from the basic design). I added sequencing gear doors, which took a lot of the drag out of the basic design. The plane as is (11 lb dry) hits over 100 mph with a standard OS 91FX but the vibrations coming from the engine are not to my liking. So I will replace it with an OS 61FX with a dubjet (Jett Engineering) muffler next week and see what that does. I should get rid of the vibrations, and maybe get better speed & RPM from the muffler. The F-18 doesn't have enough support in the nose to keep the vibrations down. I can get the same performance with th 61 since the prop size is limited by the ground clearance and I'm just wasting power that can't be utilized by the 91. The F-16 has more meat in the nose than the F-18 to hold the vibrations down from the 91. I did many mods to the F-18 to improve the structure & landing gear. Cermark builds a good kit but they hot glued the wing structure. What's with that??? I CA'ed the wing structure when I replaced the covering. All lettering was cut from monokote. Entire fuselage was also clear coated.