RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Tremor Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:15 AM
jpilkinton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Tremor Thread

ORIGINAL: winggee

I just got one couple weeks ago. the buggy version. I managed to break it the first day while breaking it in. for whatever reason, the engine winded up and i was using my foot to keep it from moving while I tried to figure out what was going on. ended up smoking the clutch. I'm waiting on a new clutch to show up now. The plastic exhaust that came on mine is HORRIBLE. The fuel nipple port on the exhaust has no flaring. the fuel line kept popping off, it was highly annoying. I think that's what caused the engine to rev up, I was fiddling with it trying to get the line back on. I ordered a new clutch and a new exhaust, since the pictures of the exhaust looks different than the plastic one I have, it looks more like a normal pipe.
Check your throttle linkage to see if it moves without any binding. Don't worry about the muffler, it's like that on all of them. When oil gets on the nipple, the fuel line doesn't like to stay on. What I do is clean the exhaust pipe and fuel line with some cleaner(anything that will remove oil) and take some good super glue and go around the nipple on the pipe and slide the fuel line on the nipple all the way and wait till the glue dries. It will stay there untill you pull it off.
Did you check the drivetrain to make sure nothing is loose? I always check each dogbone for side-to-side play and use fuel tubing to take up the play. I have noticed there is quite a bit of side play in all of the dogbones.
These cars almost need to be taken completely apart and inspected for gear mesh, dogbone play, drive cups, ect..... when you first get them.
Plus it helps you to know how they work and what does what.
If you ever have any problems with your tremor, let me know. I know these things inside and out. I only have 8 of these tremors...... 8-)