RCU Forums - View Single Post - AquaCraft Alligator RTR
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 AM
hpiguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AquaCraft Alligator RTR

I agree Kmot, and it doesn't help that when the economy started to take a big nosedive Hobbico and their online outlet Tower raised prices by 10% to 50% on many products and their offered discounts seemed to have gotten weaker too. Their customer service has really dropped off as well. I bought thousands from them each year and when I used to call about damaged items they emailed me a label, I sent it back and they replaced it once they saw the damage. Now they treat you like a nuisance and want the customer to do all the leg work to get damaged items replaced. I've become very leary of ordering from them anymore. It's unfortunate too as I really liked them.

the Scratch&Dent section used to be a favorite of mine but they started saying "lightly used/no damage" on many many items and you get them and they're snapped in half or crushed. Call Tower and they say "It's sold as-is". Yes, as-is in the description, not as-is if it's smashed when you said no damage.

I did see they dropped the price on the Saver Club and are offering free shipping more often, so those are good things.

It may be too little too late for some. It forced me to start shopping other sources, and those sources have been keeping me happy.