RCU Forums - View Single Post - Selfmade smoke unit
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 02:13 PM
sir_francis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Selfmade smoke unit

Glad you like it.

I took the filament from an old tv component called vavuum tubes.
This new filament is so longer of heng long one so it may work with a higher voltage.

It works usually with 6.2 v (depending of his lenght) so I linked it directly to tank battery adding a switch and a 1 ohm resistance to decrease voltage (I used two battery, one just for smoke unit and one for tank functions).

This proportional smoke unit works with all heng long tanks, also non smoke & sound one because i did not connect it with hl board but directly to battery (using a potentiometer to decrease fan voltage at minimum and then linking it directly with the two motor; smoke filmament also is linked directly to the battery).

I notice heat rapresents a problem for plasticard. It slightly deformed my transparent smoke unit cover during my tests but with running fan it has no more problem.
Consider this part is less thick than the other one but I used it to see better smoke flow.

@ Pat

Smoke filament has not +/- polarity, it's enought current pass to heat it.
You can use also heng long original filament if you want adding just the fan instead of the noise motor.

In vacuum tubes filament is linked to the fourth and fifth pin from right. You can't see it without breaking the glass. It's into a metal heatsink but if you feed the 2 alimentations pin you can see in the lower part of the tube a sort of glow.

Thanks Chuck, I very like risotto expecially with mushrooms. However I eat more pasta with tomato and pizza.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63386.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1083337   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91291.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1083338   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd81254.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	41.1 KB