RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16 fighting eagle from famous
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 12:41 AM
IAMKAOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F-16 fighting eagle from famous

i know this thread is a few weeks old but i bought the HL A7 corsair with 70 mm fan unit. it's sitting in my garage with the nose crushed in. i bought it 3 weeks ago and the first time i bench ran the motor the battery puked and lost a cell. HL sent me a new one. on my first flight with the new battery the motor started surging badly and stopped and the model stalled nose first into the ground. while messing around with it in my garage i noticed the 45 amp esc says on it "2-3 lipo". doesn't this mean 2 to 3 cells?. i believe this is a 11.4 volt esc . the battery that comes with it is a 2200mah 4s 14.8 volt. i contacted HL about this and they told they had very few inquires about the A7. they claim some inquires they got, the customers installed new esc's in them and had the same problem and HL believed it was a "one in a few hundred" motor problem. i later found out one of my flying buddies has the HL F5 and had simular problems.being new into electrics i found out the amp rating of a esc's does not mean squat. it has to be made for the right number of cells and voltage. i believe this is the problem with it.