RCU Forums - View Single Post - Learning to use a hi-start
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 09:37 AM
qldviking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Learning to use a hi-start

Hi Ed, you are probably right in that my system is too light to effectively launch my old glider, but it worked well enough to get my baby up high enough to find lift, even if it was slowly. It was also easy enough that I could launch on my own. The reason I lost it wasnt thru a bad launch, rather it was a radio/rx malfunction where I lost complete contatc with the glider about 60 seconds after launch. The glider had just been refitted with new pivot on the T-tail, new rudder hinges, new servo's, battery and rx. I was using a near new DX7 which I had had glitches with in the past, but it worked well enough on the first 2 flights that day, and after a full recharge on a 4500 mah pack I launched again, and after getting levelled out and starting to look for lift I totally lost any control and never regained it. At my club, nobody uses 2.4g any more for the same reason. I have gone back to using 36mhz (aust freq ) where at least most if not all nasty's are known. I have since sold my DX7. I hope to be getting some plans from another member here soon, and will build another big bird, I miss my baby lots [] I loved the long lazy flights where I could relax and enjoy it, flights of 30 minutes plus were the norm, with my longest being over 5 1/2 hours, and had a number of others having a fly too. thats why the big battery pack I have several electrics, but they just aint the same