RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airtronics M11 DSS 2.4 GHz Radio System
Old 12-18-2008, 06:00 PM
dicko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airtronics M11 DSS 2.4 GHz Radio System

Harold,

I haven't had a chance to test it yet, probably won't until after Xmas - mid January now, but I wrote to Airtronics to ask them about it & here is their reply. I'll post this in the gas forum too. My email is the bottom bit.

Hi Jason,

Our MX3 FHSS uses a frequency hopping system, while our M11 DSSS uses a direct sequence system. Many people have used both radios in boats with great success. Our Product Manager advised me that both should work fine, but the MX3 FHSS has a slightly higher power output which would give you a little more range.

-Farrell

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a question regarding the DSS module for the M11 radio. I use my M11 radio with my boats and have in the past used the Spektrum pro module. I have experienced some issues with signal loss and failsafe cut offs with the Spektrum system. I have recently found out that Spektrum do not recommend the use of their product for boating applications. I know that the Futaba FASST system is proven with boats and I believe that your MX3-FHSS is a similar system. I am trying to find out if your DSS module for the M11 is the same as the FHSS system that constantly hops frequencies, or locks onto a frequency like the Spektrum DSM system. From what I understand it is the same as the DSM system, is this correct? Basically I want to know if the Airtronics DSS module is safe to use for boating applications.

Regards
Jason