RCU Forums - View Single Post - Byron A-4 Skyhawk EDF conversion
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 03:14 PM
skyhawknut
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Byron A-4 Skyhawk EDF conversion

Greg,
A few of us have been able to order small parts from Iron bay with nio problems and I have had several emails from them. They are a small business - and are VERY busy with DND contracts, but they said they would re-start production of the Byron line in the summer of 09. Then Madmax got this from them last week:

Yes, the T-33 is in production, $949.95 plus shipping. It has more wing area than the Sabre, but it is a bigger and heavier aircraft as well. The typical Sabre runs around 10-12 pounds, while the typical DF T-33 is around 18-19 pounds. It is 72” long and has 82” wingspan. Figure around 850 square inches of wing area. We have most of the Byron warbirds in production as well as a few of the sport planes, but only one jet, the T-33 right now.

Our Defense Division has grown extremely quickly over the past two years, and we over quadrupled our company in 2008 and will double it again in 2009 with a new Navy contract and new Army contract that we landed in November and September. We are expanding into diesel engine production and autonomous robotic guidance systems for the UAVs. Once we get more people hired and trained over the next 3-4 months and everybody gets into a stable groove we plan on getting back to the jet kits. I would guess it will be summer before anything is released along those lines. By the way, if you have any of the kits, replacement parts are usually available. Everything is available for the GM kits and most parts for the Byron stuff

Regards,

John

Happy days are here again for Byron owners. BTW - their website wroks for me.