RCU Forums - View Single Post - larger rims...
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 12:58 AM
air-madness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default larger rims...

Hey, all. Jumping on over from the airplane forum area. I have a question if I may - not a noob.

It has been over 15 years since I have raced carpet cars (BoLink, specifically), and the last nitro car I had was that long ago too. This Christmas I received, from my kind brother-in-law, a "FMT World Racing" nitro car. It is very similar (may be the same factory) as the Redcat line of nitro street cars; CEN et al. This has an .18 sized engine, double deck aluminum chassis, aluminum oil filled shocks, hex hub etc.

Anyway, the tires are 1.9" tall x1" wide standard for street 1/10 scale. My question/query: I would really like to get slightly larger rims and the according tires. Perhaps a 2.0" tall x 1.25 to a 1.5 wide rims. This still allows for ample turning radius without hitting/rubbing. The rims and tires on it now (stock) makes the car sit to low to the ground for me. The main issue is getting the distance from the hex hub to the link assembly on each corner; I have tried, just as an experiment, soem 2.2" x 1.5" rims. The hub on such rims is further inward and doesn't allow the rim to attach.

Can one of you guys direct me to some rims and tires; looked all over Tower...