RCU Forums - View Single Post - F-16 fighting eagle from famous
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 06:29 AM
IAMKAOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F-16 fighting eagle from famous

probably the bec is not rated for the voltage pack your using. exceed and hobby lobby edf's are having this problem. there are other postings about this. they designed these edf's around 11.4 power systems nd realized they were sluggish and then send 14.8 packs with them. hobby lobby's A7 corsair and F5 has this problem but they will not admit it. i'm on my 2nd hobby lobby A7, they replaced the first one but i still have the problem with the new one. at full power in short bursts the esc-bec in the A7 will draw power from the receiver and the receiver also quits working.this caused the crash of my 2nd A-7 AFTER 4 minutes of flight. we did some tests on the bench and found if we unplugged the BEC'S and used a 4.8 volt receiver pack that cured the problem.every single person at our flying site that are invovled in electrics has seen this problem with the A7 and two other hobby lobby edfs and say it is definitly the problem . hobby lobby claims they have had very few compliants about this problem but i found here recently that is absolutely not true!.