RCU Forums - View Single Post - E Flite Eratix 3D 25e ARF Owners Club
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 AM
kid chuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E Flite Eratix 3D 25e ARF Owners Club

Chris it is not difficult to hinge stuff. The hinges that come with the Eratix are the cloth type. You need the Thin CA so you don't have to hold them in place very long.
And an Exacto knife.
Take the exacto and carfefully examine the rudder there should be some slight indication of were the slots should be. Use the exact to cut the mono and slide it into the slots kinda twisting it as you go. Just a small twist of the exacto to just open them up as you go. Should be three on the rudder and where the rudder mounts. You open both sides rudd. and the stab it fits to. Then slide a hinge into either the rudder or the stab (upright your rudd goes to. Put all three in. Got ahead of myself a little. You need to push a T-PIN right thru the middle of the hinge this keeps it from sliding in more than hafl way. After you get them in slide the Rudd onto the hinges this can be a little tricky but not bad do not try CA ing the hinge to one or the other. After you get everything slid into place and it is lined up and you didn't forget your tail wheel. Then just turn rudder keeping it tight against the T-Pins and put a drop of CA on the middle of the hinge. I try to hold at an angle so the CA will spread into one side easier eithre the rudder or the stab side then making sure everything is still lined up turn the other way and do the same. I am sure someone here has some pics of doing this and might be able to post them. It is not hard to do at all. Holding them tight against the T-Pins is the most difficult for me lol. Hopefully someone with more posts something. Hope this helps and you do the same with the wings and ailerons.