RCU Forums - View Single Post - What 50ish for speed on a budget
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 05:05 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What 50ish for speed on a budget

Daunte:

Some things just require a little pain in the budget. Romping on the guys is something worth some pain to me, but some of us are just not so overly competitive. (flawed) The one engine that would be over the top would be a Jett 60 LX, big bucks, but frankly worth every penney. You can put a Jett or Nelson tuned muffler on a Webra speed 55 along with a 10 X 10 apc and give the Jett a run for the money, honest. I frequently race my Nephew with identical airframes, his Jett 60 LX powered, mine a Webera speed 55. He has a tad on me down the streight, but not enough to make up for the experience overall, yet to win a heat. I have a 60LX but would never lug it down with a 10 X 10, the webra seems to thrive on the thing. One catch, you have to spend the bench time in breaking in the Webra beast, otherwise the reliability will not be there, at least a gallon of 5-10% before you go from a 10 X6 breakin to a 10 X10 scooter. Combat Pigg knows is stuff around here, so if he says you can get a Tower Hobbies engine to run well, you can take that to the bank IMHO. Do you have a old racer in the club that just seems to always have his engine running in front of everyone? Most do. If so, stick your nose in when you can and learn to needle your engine to run at peak in flight. Don't kid yourself, this is a fine art. If you takeoff at maximum, its going to dog off after a few laps, and the well tuned engines will go by. Like everyting else, there seems to be a catch 22 around. Yes, every darned engine from the same manufacturer will have its own personality. Learn to get along with everyone!!!! ENJOY