RCU Forums - View Single Post - Front hub ideas
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 AM
drewcrew6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front hub ideas

Yes Solo it has been. Your front hubs look sweet. For only $30 can't beat that, the bearings alone are close to that. The part with the front hubs is I can't decide how to "fix" the bearings in a housing. Looks like you are using setscrews around the outside? What takes the turning forces on your hubs?
The truck will be quite heavy and will need to take massive stress when bashing it. Right now I have traxxas front hubs by rpm (#80032) and am using those for the moment. They are the strongest I could find at my LHS, they have nothing for 1/5. They are modified to take a 16mm bearing with a 8 mm shaft instead of the smaller 15 X 6mm bearings. I have very little runtime right now as I am having issues with a single part of the drivetrain.

I have been thinking about the rear suspension and have been looking at going to a 4 link. But I have some off the wall ideas on how to implement it just not sure how it will react.

Yes Bsrman I remember. By the way come on and give some more info on your car here [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8305205/tm.htm[/link] . Wether its alittle more tech info or more pics or video even if it has a body or cardboard covering the areas you don't want seen. I posted over there also.

Thanks
Drewcrew6