RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cheap Servos
Thread: Cheap Servos
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:26 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cheap Servos

You can add GWS servos to your list of top tier manufacturers. I've been very pleased with the quality and performance of all of my GWS electronics whether it be servos, speed controllers, or receivers.

I've used the Hextronic micro servos with good success. I've also used the HXT-5010 standard ball bearing servos without problems so far.

I'd heard good things about the Vigor VS-2 standard servos and I bought a number of those to try as well. I recently had two different Vigor VS-2 servos burn out motors in a glow trainer, and one servo that failed was for throttle control where it should have had a light workload. They weren't binding up and the plane wasn't crashed, I just had the Vigor VS-2 on the rudder quit working and then a couple of weeks later the VS-2 on the throttle failed.

With Hitec HS-311 standard servos readily available for $8.99 before discounts, I don't feel it's worth trying to save a couple of bucks for standard servos anymore. I still like the HXT micro servos for indoor electrics, but I suppose I'll change my mind if those start failing on me, too.