RCU Forums - View Single Post - mcd evo 3 competition race runner
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 04:07 AM
hongnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mcd evo 3 competition race runner

ORIGINAL: SilverSteel

Hi,

First, did you get the newest version? = longer rear damper, alloy servo tray, steel gears at the transmission, new shocks?
If not, I hope you got a good price or try to change it to the new version!

If yes, you only need a good engine of your choice, if you want to participate at official races the biggest engine you are allowed is a 26 zen (at least in Germany).
Put in some good servos and you are ready to go.

Before putting it out in the wild, check the bump stop some had problems with the lower arms because the travel was adjusted longer than the length of the damper.

HAVE FUN
first of all thanks 2DEEP , i got told it was the newest version , it has rear hingpins instead of ball sockets , longer shocks at the front ,thicker shock shafts and so on .. i wasnt aware/told that there was a different evo3 with the bits you said ..

but ive gone right thro it with locktight etc .. adjusted the top arms ,as they were adjusted differently on each side, with no slack on the drive shafts .. and on the front shocks , the the pistons would have been hitting the top cap , when landing etc , so ive fitted some tube , as a bumpstop etc ..

thanks for your help guys ... keep it coming !!