RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 PM
beepee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building a Dynaflite Super Decathlon

Mike,

Ya gotta love the way these guys in the Middle East take this hobby! The field I know here in Dubai has a great big smooth paved runway with volumes of fly over area. Sadly, the jets are banned because they disturb the camels (very valuable race camels), but no matter, that is not my side of the hobby. Sadly too, they have no club house, which is going shorten the season a bit come the hotter weather. No complaints. It is PERFECT for at least 7 months out of the year. I have only been here since October and left all my fleet back home (too big for my little sedan). I am looking for something to buy here so that I can keep my skills intact, but have been awfully busy.

Here are a couple of more shots of my SD. I saw the prototype at Oshkosh (my one and only trip to Mecca) in '01 and fell in love with the color scheme. It is perfect for in flight visibility! Looks great on the ground too. I covered in in all white Solartex and painted with rattle can Rustoleum. Very satisfying result so long as you don't look too closely.

Hope the uploads work (2nd try) ...

Have fun with your SD,

Bedford
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78099.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	1109732   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87070.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1109733