RCU Forums - View Single Post - .65 "sport speed" - the doodling has begun.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:09 PM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: .65 "sport speed" - the doodling has begun.

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

I think you're off to a good start MJD. I question plywood though, it'll make rounding the exterior corners more difficult. The overall design looks real good, it looks "doable" by anyone who's got a decent size table and a straight edge. Do you figure on glass and paint on the exterior?

Yeah, that's the plan for the finish. I know the corners are an issue.. I have some thinking to do on the pros and cons. Any good ideas that float my way will be given due consideration too.. I am fine with accepting a few compromises on this bird, in order to knock down construction time and complexity - this is what it is about. Not major ones mind you, but hypothetically for example if I were to lose 4.3 mph due to sharper fuse corners but it was much easier to build, that would be okay. Once my mind clears up somewhat from the past few days of tax purgatory, I might be able to think and make decisions.

It should also look cool in - to use current motorcycle parlance - "naked" form, that is without any of the cowling if so desired.

And a slightly scaled down version for small block engines might be of particular appeal to some folks..

MJD