RCU Forums - View Single Post - BIG LAMA
Thread: BIG LAMA
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 08:04 AM
downunderdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG LAMA

DownUnderDog, I have a question for you. When the guys answered "The camera would be positioned vertically for shooting video", does he mean that it has to be mounted cross-ways (from port to starboard - on its edge)??
The way I read that, it sounds like he is saying that the 3 inch dimension should be up-down. In looking at the picture on their website, I think the lens faces out of the side that has dimensions of .75 x 3 inches (with depth about .5 inch). I would think that you could put the 3 inch dimension in either direction, but maybe if you put it port-starboard the video will be on it's side when you watch it on the computer(?). It says it records in .avi format - I would guess that there is software that allows you to rotate it 90 degrees if you want, but I'd check into it first just in case. It seems that having the 3 inch dimension up-down would be a bit awkward on the heli. I'm still interested in that camera, but would like to see what people say about it in online reviews before I get one.