RCU Forums - View Single Post - My engine burns the plugs, HELP!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 06:01 PM
BadClownCrawler
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My engine burns the plugs, HELP!

all gasers should have a vented gas cap. most do this with a small hole in the cap, and a rubber stopper boot under it (which allows the air to flow, but by design, should stop fuel from spilling out the vent hole). BUT sometimes things get missed in QC. i suspect your current cap either didnt get the vent hole into it. the underside rubber boot in the cap wasnt allowing airflow around the cap, or was otherwise plugged up. thus causing a vacuum in the tank (hissing sound you hear as air rushed into the tank filling the vacuum made), and starving the motor for fuel and like Dimag mentioned, even causes an intermitant LEAN run untill it stalled.

np SavageJim. hope im dont come across to gruff about it. im one of those guys thats all about Full disclosure and full and solid info. how can someone be expected to make an educated decision if they only get partial bits of info. kind of like buying an item strickly due to cost. ya you may of saved some cash now, but in the long run, you ll likely end up spending more than you would have if you just purchased the better quality unit. but if your only told its a great item cuz its cheap, and not that it has durability or early wear issues, then that buyer is going to likely be miffed over the fact they only got half the info the really needed.