RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Hurricane Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:52 PM
tlandon
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Hurricane Thread

Got my Redcat Hurricane yesterday. Put the batterys in and turned in on. Steering servo twiched and didnt work. Took the cheap AM receiver out and put in my Futaba FM receiver and used my Futaba radio. Servo worked fine. The problem was either the cheap AM receiver or the radio, dont know which.
Took the car to the local track today. Engine was way, way too rich. Adjusted the needles while leaving it a little rich to break in. First practice session after about 2 laps flipped the car on a jump going very slowly. Broke the right rear hub. Glued it but I knew it wouldnt hold and it didnt, so my day was done.
My brother's Exceed wont be here until next week, so cant compare it.
First impression with the Hurricane is not clear yet. I think it will be competitive but not sure of durability. I believe it is plenty fast enough. Dont have enough time driving it to tell about handling. Pretty sure I will have to change tires. I can upgrade to aluminum parts, but that gets expensive.
Sent a email to Redcat to see how they react to what I experienced. We will see how they respond.