View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 11:00 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what should i get

ORIGINAL: clubin

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

redcat rampage
I second that with a few upgrades it will still be cheaper than the HPI and it will be 4wd. 4wd rules. Realy sucks that HPI makes a 5t "truck" and it is not 4wd.
For bashing, considering price and features, the Rampage is hard to beat. If he goes Rampage, I personally suggest the MT version, even though the buggy is about $100 USD less. I am biased towards the MT because of the bigger wheels and wider shance and the MT feel. But if he wants a nimble buggy because of its maneuverability, then that would be the RC for him.

As for the 5T still being 2WD, I too wish it were 4WD. Since the 5T is a CORR type truck based on the 5B, I guess it is not a true MT.
I wonder if HPI is brewing up a 5th scale 4WD true MT? If so, I hope they are scaling up the Savage and making the appropriate mods to get it all to work.

The company that I am most curious about as far as 5th scales is Traxxas! They at one time had a 5th scale, but they quit selling it. I wonder why they do not re-release it, or update it and put it back on the shelves?