RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crud in Ritch's Brew
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Chancho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Crud in Ritch's Brew

Hossfly,

I’m with you on the experience with WildCat. I’ve grown a lot in this hobby with a close friend on the same level of experience. We’ve both spent countless hours of conversation, purchases, field experiments, etc. on different fuels. We both live by and swear by WildCat mixes.

For a last note in regards to Ritch’s Brew, I’m sure it works well for some people. I’m sure Randy Ritch is a fine man, too. I don’t know who from Ritche’s brew sold me my 3 cases of Ritch’s Brew at last year’s Toledo show, but I explained to him exactly the motor I was running and what I was intending to do. Based on the fuel “expert” I went with his advice for the specific mix I purchased. Bottom line is the fuel just never ran right in any of my engines and I won’t try it again. But who knows, I could have had a bad batch? I’m sure there are many satisfied customers. I don’t like flaming our suppliers, and in hind sight maybe the wording was a little strong. However it is good for starting fires in the log pit in the back yard, burning leaves, etc…

A few bucks more on a quality fuel that won’t leave you with a dead stick and all the other problems associated with bad gas, is priceless. I hear people complain all the time about the cost of a gallon of Glow Fuel. But when you add up your time, effort, gas in your car, etc; that you spend getting out flying for a few hours and waiting your turn on the runway– it’s really a small price in the scheme of things…

Peace Out,

Phil