RCU Forums - View Single Post - 35% IMAC Setup???
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
billd3
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 35% IMAC Setup???

Hey Todd...you might take a look over at the Flying Giants forum: http://www.flyinggiants.com/default.php
There are lots of posts and information which will help you make an informed decision.
I've been flying giants for 18 years but I have not built a new one until now for about 3 years and, You're absolutely correct...there's been a lot of new stuff to make things simpler and safer.

Presently I'm setting up a WH 40% Giles 202 with a JR 2.4, 9303 and I haven't decided yet on going to a PE or using a Spectrum AR9100 powerSafe Rx rather than a regular 9000 Rx. I have heard that you can't effectively program 4 aileron servos using only the AR9100 (without a PE) with the 9303 Tx; and the WH Giles is claimed to work very well using 1 aileron servo such as Hitec's 7955. I am definately using A123's (2-2300 mah for Rx & servos, and 1-1100 or 2300 on ignition). Since you do not need a regulator with the A123's AND by using only 1 aileron servo per side, the AR9100 Rx seems like the simplest and lightest way to go...but I'm still "on the fence" since I also have a spare 9000 Rx. I sure would like the experience of using one of Smart Fly's PE's. I think they are a top line company, and I really love their super-switches and regulators with nicad and nimhds...One of these days SOON I need to make up my mind too