RCU Forums - View Single Post - What servo is better?? Hitec 5745 or futaba 5301.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What servo is better?? Hitec 5745 or futaba 5301.

If Foxy endorses the 5745, then I'm glad I did purchase the 5745s. While out bashing in the cold a couple of days back, I am actually astonished at how responsive the 0.15 sec 60degree arc transit speed is to the turn of the radio wheel.

I use slower servos for my 8th scales, I have the 5995TG robot servos in my basher Savages, and those turn at 0.23sec transit speed, and they are actually significantly slower at the feel of the wheel. But I guess that is not all that bad, the slower transit speed does in some effect work like a de facto dual-rate steering, at least until the wheels hit a certain angles and the Savage tips over and rolls from the tangential velocity of the angular path of its supposed trajectory.

And as for flipping my gasser with 5745s? Oh yeah, I do that too easily. With the Futabas, I know my truck will have its wheels stick to the ground just a tad longer, at least until the angle of the wheels are such that my truck will roll over.