RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASSAN 2.4 GHz Transmitter module/receivers
Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Wiggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASSAN 2.4 GHz Transmitter module/receivers

I put my new 7 channel V2 receiver in a trainer to see how well it would perform.

It passed all my tests!

I flew the plane so high I could barely see it. I do not know how far that was but it was way up there. Then I pointed the transmitter antenna right at the speck of a plane to see if it would still respond. It did. I turned around and got my body between the plane and the transmitter to see if I could block the signal but it still worked perfectly. I never fly this high so I am satisfied that it has enough range for my use.

I have heard that there can be problems if the receiver gets near the ground and is far away. Well, I flew the plane as low as I could and as far away as possible, watching to make the plane and it's shadow did not touch. Not a glitch, not a bump, nothing but solid response from the receiver. It was flawless.

I have moved the receiver to a Wild Wiz http://www.wildwiz.com/has1.htm which is a 120+ MPH delta to see what it does in there. At this speed there is very little room for error. I have not flown it yet but I trust this system completely after what I did with my trainer.

Looks like I need to order more receivers.

I really like this system in my Futaba 9Z transmitter.

Billy