View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Oasis TR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your TRUGGY and your setup

ORIGINAL: xjqkz

ORIGINAL: hjtrbo

whats droop?

Droop is the distance from the center of top shock mounting screw to the center of bottom shock mounting screw when the shocks are fully extended (i.e. wheels are off of the ground)
Ride Height is the ground clearance measured when the springs/shocks are holding the car's weight. You measure it with a ride height gauge.
Camber is the complement of the angle that the tires make with the perpendicular ground. Its negative is the bottom of the tire is farther out than the top and positive when the top of the tire is father out ward than the bottom.
I guess you "off road" guys measure droop differently than on road guys..we always measured the suspension arm down travel..i guess you could measure the shock length..I dont think it's as accurate as using the droop gauge..but it's cheaper....and the way using a droop gauge is the same for the front and rear (based on the same scale) and some truggies use different length shocks..every Pro I know uses the droop gauge method like i'm (trying) to explain..[sm=lol.gif]