View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Lars from Norway

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Chainsaw Powered Car

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher

Lars
11.6 kg....
Don't think mine's even that heavy at the moment, but there's still some stufff to be added to it.
Will go and borrow some scales off a mate today and see where I'm at.
Where did you get the gear setup for your car?
Is that something you bought from an RC shop or did you make them yourself?
Obviously they would be a lot lighter than the bicycle gears I'm using at the moment, and in the future I might be looking at doing something like that as well.
I mostly made the rear setup myself,but the gears are from the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7970048/tm.htm]FG Marder[/link],here in a onroad version rebuilt by meIts originally an offroad car with bigger wheels and body,there are some pics attached of it in the link.

The brake setup is from a FG Marder too,but the "calipper" is homemade to make it easier too install.Had some parts left over from the FG so i used them on this one.I went for plastic gears to start with,but they were toast after the first start up as the throttle was stuck on wide open!The tires spun 2 rounds,got the grip,and toasted the gears.Pretty funny and educational experienceThats why its steel there now,and some plastic to make a weak link if anything should happen