RCU Forums - View Single Post - License Question
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 PM
jjglennon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: License Question

Norm and Ryan,
Thank you for your thoughtful replies. I don't intend to stray too far from the topic I merely sympathize with pilots who wouldn't want to bring the FAA to their airport and argue that their reluctance to do so does not imply guilt, improper, or illegal operations by those pilots. They just don't want the FAA around.

My perspective is that I just won a 4 year, ridiculously expensive legal battle with the FAA which was brought by an inspector who did not/does not understand the regulations he attempted to enforce. At every turn, I was forced to prove my innocence. It was never presumed.

Norm- I absolutely agree that there are two sides to every story. My point was that two FAA employees with no knowledge, training, or experience of "cognitive" problems diagnosed and brought action against Mr Hoover and it became his lot to prove himself "normal".

Ryan- My GA experience is extremely limited, so I can't speak to your generalization. With all respect, however, I don't believe you've ever been on the receiving end of an FAA inquiry.

For the record, I think vupilot's suggestion of an anonymous tip is the best idea. The unlicensed pilot is a menace and is probably an accident waiting to happen.

John