RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rudder on the Right Stick
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 PM
mwoytassek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rudder on the Right Stick

Howdy

Setting out here in the Snow. I have been watching this thread.
I fly Mode 3 some times Called Mode 4. That is the primary Roll control on the left stick with throttle. Yaw and Pitch on the Right stick.

So the Primary flight controls are split.

The classic test was low inverted flight you can hold Pitch stick stable and rock the wings (roll) with out having a problem.

Plus side you can learn to fly faster this way. You can take long periods of time off and still fly ok. The fine motor controls of mixing when Primary flight controls are one stick can get lost with time.

I could not understand the need for a dual rates for years I would just move a stick needed roll rate. I built in Expo in the linkage.

The negative side. When you get into Pattern you will need to learn to mix with right hand Pitch and Yaw. This will take some time. But you can get it with some time.

Flown Pattern for 30 years. Had a lay off for 4 year s from Competition. Back flying in contests in 2005. I fly Masters.

Over the years it is fun to see the top pilots that fly spilt stick Vs the Crazy stick flyers.

Was fun to talk to Ivan years ago about flying the correct way, glad to see Chad flys the correct way.

The bottom line is what ever you can make work is good. Brain for you up north it may not be to bad. See you at the contest this spring.

Radios Today I fly the 12 X with a cross mix . My 10 has been moded by JR.

Have fun: