RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flying low and fast
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Rudeboy

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Flying low and fast

In our country the aviation rules state that radio controlled model airplanes are not allowed to fly higher than 300 ft... So that just means I have to fly low... hehe...

But seriously, what is that rule all about? You're not allowed to fly low? How do you guys have pylon races?

I can understand there are rules about not flying close to the pits, where the crowd is, but if you're a hundred feet away from the pits, flying in line with the pits, not straight at it of course, I really don't see what the problem is.
And I even could understand it if there were like 10 planes in the air, because then there always someone landing or taking off...

At our club, on busy days, we sometimes get some sort of line up, where everybody is flying a large circle in the same direction, doing low passes over the field... with a plane passing over the field like every 4 or 5 seconds...cool...
Of course, in that case, the nut who tries to fly in the opposite direction gets yelled at by the others

Accidents will continue to happen at our model airplane fields. Air collisions and stuff are part of the hobby IMO. You can't "rule out" accidents. If you try that, you might as well call it quits...