RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Derigor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

HPI usually has better parts support than Tamiya does also, wheely kings are really neat trucks... for some reason they remind me of my old tamiya blackfoot when I was alot younger.

Edit: now that I think about it I dont think clods are really that more expensive than any other RC I've played with so far. 2 axles, 2 silver cans, and a chassis arnt too bad of a price. You can get a decent chassis for 100 bucks and you can find good deals on used axles on fleaBay usually. I managed to snag my axles for free luckily but I think I have seen them go for 40 bucks a pair on the fleaBay. I have a Rage chassis which is a good bash/crawl/race chassis, middle of the road for 170 bucks new. Got mine used of course for alot cheaper. I think you can get a clodzilla 2 for about 100 bucks and an M&L Art budget chassis for cheaper. My cousin has one of those and it works great. Dang clods are so tough you really dont need parts support except for maybe ordering a few plastic parts trees from tamiya. I ordered a few just in case but I agree with you, I hate waiting for things.

That's the same reason I chose an AE 18th over a Losi or something else... That and I am biased as hell. After my first rc (blackfoot) I got an rc10. Sucker still runs perfect to this day with 0 maintenance. The stealth transmission is damned near perfection.