RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 09:40 AM
dylan0123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL RC18MT/B/T THREAD

Ok so I got interested in a mini, knew nothing about them, thought i wanted a losi mini-t, found out 18T's are 4WD (I love rally cars, and own an STI), just sat down for 2.5 hours and got to page 46 of this thread. I've read every post up to that point. I saved a lot of my questions, and most of them got answered, but I still have some left. I'm gonna try to finish the rest of the thread so I can get more info on these things. Would you guys kindly answer these ?'s? Thanks!

1. What does it mean to “shim the diffs”? Can someone give me more info on this? Pics? What size shims are needed, where, how many, how do u put them in, where can u get them?
2. Do I need 2 sets of super diffs, or just one on the rear?
3. What’s an Exotek Slipper? If I have MIP super diffs and metal diff gears, would I need an Exotek Slipper with a 6800kv or 8000kv mamba system?
4. What are fr&rr CF shock towers? What does the “fr&rr” abbreviation stand for?
5. What’s a Derlin Spur Gear? What website has them the cheapest?
6. What’s the point of a graphite center driveshaft? do the stock ones break? or is it just lighter so it makes the vehicle faster? (in 1:1 less rotational mass=good..same thing w/ 1:18?)