RCU Forums - View Single Post - T.T. Innovator MD530 just had 2nd flight wow !!
Old 02-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Bostonnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T.T. Innovator MD530 just had 2nd flight wow !!

After lots of e-heli's, I grew frustrated with questionable quality. I decided to pay extra $$ and get a Hirobo SRB Quark (single rotor/tail rotor). It is VERY high quality and incredibly stable and a joy to fly. Once I experienced this top Japanese quality, there was no going back. Since then, I had anxiously waited for the new Innovator MD530 and got mine Friday. This heli is amazing !! I love the scale looks and it flies like a full scale heli. It sounds like one too where you hear the "chop" of the blades cutting the air, wow. Another thing I really like is that the tail rotor blades are OFF the ground 3 inches !! I fly in so. Arizona and I was always breaking tail blades cause if you land on the smooth desert ground and there is a 1/4" pebble next to the tail, there goes another set of blades. No more guess work and timers for the Li-Po, this beauty has an led light that turns red, and the tail wags before the voltage drops to low and if you go beyond that, it shuts down before li-po damage, My favorite video of it on YouTube is "flight in the park 2" I always thought that heli mfg's missed a hug market where new beginner pilots could get a very stable coaxial and get settled in flying well but after a while, they get boring. Then, to go beyond that they (we) are thrust right into "extreme 3D" What ?? That scares many newer pilots to not advance beyond coaxial or if they do, they get the 3D and crash a lot or are nervous and never comfortable with them. I had a Blade 400 and while a fine heli, I sold it cause even though I could hover well, I was always on edge and never enjoyed it or had fun. I don't like flying anything where if you think your gonna sneeze, you have to land first. There is enough stress in my life without that. Well the Hirobo Quark solved that and now the Innovator is so smooth and stable, I am relaxed enought to enjoy it and look forward to my next flight. These 1st class heli's are not $cheap, but top quality never is. If folks are willing to pay the price, I think this Innovator and the Quark will get and keep a lot of new pilots in the hobby. To me, my new Innovator is almost worth the cost just looking at it sitting in my living room. I hope new Innovator pilots love it as well and post their comments of this fine forum. I'd love to answer any questions, but I'm not a "tech" guy, I fly a lot more than I'm interested in the science, mathematics, or tinkering. There are a couple of set up issues that are not in the instructions or on the quick startup guide on acehobby.com My battery is giving me 8.5min. flying time switching between mode 0 and mode 1 rotor speeds. I wish not to offen any 3D pilots cause I think that's great, I just enjoy the magic of flight in a more calm and relaxing way. Mike at Ace Hobby was great with my 3 calls with questions about setup and flight, who isn't nervous about 1st flight while trying to concentrate on a somewhat complicated setup ?? Once I got familiar, it was fine. Any new Innovator MD530 pilots out there ??