RCU Forums - View Single Post - uk budget class's
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 02:38 PM
cedarf5d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: uk budget class's

Hi Dave, yes i remember the thread a couple of years ago, i did the write up on the mk 1 on the ones we got hold of in the uk, there were a lot of issues with its design, not on flight preformance, it outdid my viper on the same 424 setup, spent ages going through all the problems on the fabrication side, gave them solutions for everything, then mario found the wing area was too small, they then built the new mk2 with all the mods id suggested, not even a thanks and then they ceased communication when i asked for the first one of the production line [:@]
They are still around at http://www.topmodelcz.cz/index.php?&...detail&id=1132
This time they are only selling to trade, but i dont know of any trade dealers that have ever stocked it, ive asked for a trade account, and then ill know what price thiere selling at.
im keen at getting the club q500 (424) here going properly, i dropped everything 2 years ago when i got divorsed ,

As well as the e2k plane ill also have my own q500 out as a kit later in the year (424,428) but as you said dave the shipping costs put a spanner in the works to the states, especially as the pound and euro..... ill have a look at costs later

Vicman, i got over the T tail elevator connection quite well, sorry i havent got any pic's but ive done a quick drawing, not to scale but youll get the jist..... its the same method i use on the f5d models, the tail fin is made from 3 thin sections, the centre one has a channel cut out for where the wire travels, thats then glued to one of the outer skins and the plastic tube glued in with 5 min epoxy and then sanwiched with the other outer skin, once set sand and shape as normal, i then used the elevator connection using one of the f5d fiberglass tabs glued onto the elevator(as pic) the fin is very marginally fatter than some may use, but it does aid with a larger seating area, this method was tried out on a 428 and was ok but did wag its tail down the straightaway, possiblly i had the fin too small, perhaps not in height but width, never got round to testing any further....but did work well, hope that helps

cheers Darren
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81349.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1138102