RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)
Old 02-25-2009, 02:51 PM
aahwhatever2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL HPI Sprint 2 Thread (Sport and Flux)

Willy, So far, I really like the shocks. I have the ones from ebay with the red springs also. They are a bit longer but work great and look killer as well.

CAClark, as for the fake brake disks, ya, You can use them. Just like you said, they are for looks only. The "brake disc" is part of the hex wheel drive that the wheels attach too.

I have the CC USB link and LOVE IT. You can adjust the ESC for about anything you want.

Austin150, The brushes inside the motor take a little bit of "training" to mess with, but if you are wanting to really know as much about electric RC's as a true hobby, do a search on here for rebuilding electric motors and you should find all the info you would want. Brushed motors that come on the newer RC's will last and preform awesome. It's when you get into "pushing the envelope" or racing that you start learning to rebuild the motors. If you are only going to do it once or twice, I really don't see a point at it. You would be better off just buying a new motor. Also, if you rebuild your motor, it's usually best to have a charger that you can "break-in" the motor too. You're starting to look at quite a few bucks now!!!

If you really get serious, look at the brushless motors. Castle Creations is not ROAR approved, BUT check with your LOCAL track as most make their OWN rules. In fact, some that I have raced at, limit type of battery, how many cells, how many turns on your motor, weight, etc..... If you are just wanting to "BASH" cheaply, keep the brushed motor and I am sure it will keep you grinning. BUT, if you are like most of US......start saving your bucks, cause you will be buying all the Hop-ups, slapping in a Brushless Motor and ESC with Lipo's or A123's and tearing up every CURB, Alley, street and TRACK that you come across!!!!