RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Racing Development Efforts
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 05:44 PM
rocket_jim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Racing Development Efforts

I'm watching this thread with interest. I have no interest whatsoever in glo or gas anything, only in electric.

I flew a little Blue Ray electric pylon racing last season. The plane is little, and I accomplished very little racing, despite building and destroying many airframes.

The Blue Ray was really too small for me to fly successfully. This size plane seems more practical for me to see. But I'm a little concerned about the cost of the motors, batteries, etc. at this significant size. And the likelihood of this being 3-pole racing requiring a large space and lots of people to run a race. Meaning there would probably be a few races, and that's all. So I suppose I might be more interested in something somewhere in the middle size-wise, and 2-pole. Some people you can never please!

I've seen stuff about the limiter elsewhere before, as some others were adopting it. If such a limiter is required, I'm probably not at all interested. That's certainly an equalizer, but is taking racing to a whole new seriousness level. My interest is in getting out and having some fun practicing and racing with fun people, not to preparing a whole van load of flight equipment and computer instrumentation to wring out every last Joule of energy in a race.

Just my $.02.

Jim Marconnet