RCU Forums - View Single Post - ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........
Old 03-04-2009, 11:14 AM
t dawgv12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Thanks for the replies guys.

I did a couple hours of web reading and research about blade balancing and cg lacotion. I was interested in homemade balancers and found that a 3mm bolt, a couple of 3mm nuts and 2 glasses or cans on a table worked the same way that $5 align balancer does [link]http://www.rchelicoptertown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362[/link] pics missing at the begining are shown on next page. Another guys uses a standard 3-sided ruler for locating the cg for his blades These look like good cheap ways of doing these tasks.

Also, I have a gram scale at work so if I weighed each blade seperately and added tape till they weighed the same, they should in theory be balanced correct?

I picked up a pitch gauge with a bubble level off eBay for cheap too but it'll be a week or so before I see it since it is also coming from HK.

FLYGUY I won't have my heli till tomorrow but I thought I read somewhere that you take the batteries out of the trx adjust some dip switches and plug in the USB interface cable and it powers the trx just like the one you bought seperately since you have the trx maybe you can check that out? I'm not too worried about using the trx too much for sim use as I'm sure I will upgrade to a better trx at some point, just not soon.

I am still up in the air about what size mAh battery to get. The stock esky EK1-0186 1800mAh battery says its 47g +/- (single electric core) and the esky EK1-0187 2100mAh battery says it only weighs 58.5g +/- (single electric core). When it says single electric core in parentheses does that mean each of the three cells weighs that much? That would make more sense since all the 2200 mAh batteries I have looked at all weigh in the 180g +/- range.
Also any batteries I get will likely pull double duty in my airsoft gun as well, so the higher the mAh I can use the better.

All help appreciated, thanks,
-Tyler