RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 01:42 PM
ajk2649

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

ORIGINAL: jaykay108

I am very new to Traxxas. I purchased a Jato 3.3 just to see what the hype was about. I followed the break in procedure to a T. After running my 5th tank I was preparing to tune my engine. I did several high speed runs and brought the truck in, as I brought it in, I realized that the truck was running approximately 20MPH without any throttle, I then shut it off. Ever since then, as soon as I start the truck, the wheels start turning at about the same speed. I have to start it off of the ground and take off quickly, when I try to stop the truck it dies. So far from Traxxas advice i have; adjusted the throttle trim to where the servo is not pulling the rod, lowered the idle screw to where the truck won't even run, and tried every high speed low speed needle combination, all of these methods produce the same result. The truck just won't come to a stop. Any advice?
Have you checked the brakes? The car coming to a stop has little to do with the motor at low RPM. Here are some tricks that worked out for me. Don't mind the dual brakes on mine you don't need them I just like how they looked. But if your interested here is the link. http://www.hobbyetc.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=58791. Any questions just post them up bro.

Hey quietnas.Yeah the jato breaks suck as I have had problems with mine and realized the problem is the POS plastic that just bends when you hit the breaks and they dont really apply any pressure at all 4 breaking. I did the fuel tube mod and it did help a bit but I wanted 2 get the metal break link. Where did u find it bro? Thanks.