RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ORIGINAL: jaykay108

Maybe you could help me out with that. Do the brakes keep the wheels from spinning in idle? If so, do you think I should adjust my servo? Your response earlier kind of has me thinking. The trucks I have dealt with in the past have a completely different operation between throttle and brake. I am gonna review your pics and see if that solves the problem. How do you know if your brakes are bad? Is the brake adjusting screw very helpful?
The adjustment screws are very helpfull. When I was first having issues with my brakes the truck would roll forward between 5 to 10 mph. Then I adjusted the 2 screws on the pads and used the brake pring inside the fuel tubing. My brakes were not locking but the Jato was coming to a stop pretty quick. Then the plastic brake arm started to deform where it is held in by the nut. When the plastic arm wore out I was back to the truck not stopping. I then got the aluminum brake arms and boy what a differance. The brakes were locking up but at times they were binding and the brake disc was glazing. So I then installed the 3x3mm set screw which is used to hold the sway bar on the brake linkage. I instaled it a liitle less than a quarter inch away from the other side of the servo arm and that helps release the brakes all the time. Have never had an issue with my brakes ever since and it has been about a year now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh17263.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1150450   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23825.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1150451   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97653.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	74.3 KB