RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 01:31 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Official Traxxas Jato 3.3 Thread

ORIGINAL: ajk2649

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

You know after reading what ajk2649 said I started racking my brain. At first I was like ok maybe but he has a brand new Jato and then I remembered when my Jato got run over a few months ago. During the rebuild I had pulled the clutch bell off the old engine and noticed the stock clutch was broken near one of the pins. The spring was nice and tight but the plastic clutch was broken. I don't know. All I know is that now when I release my brakes the car does not roll but that is becuz of the way the screws on the pad are adjusted. Like if I push it with my foot the wheels spin but you feel a little resistance. If I completely losen those screws the car will roll a little. Maybe I have to try an MIP clutch. Had amazing luck with MIP on my RC10GT. Hell I'm going to check my clutch tomorrow and see how it looks. I'm using a stock Jato one with the .21TM. I wonder how it held. I will keep you posted.

Hey bro I seee you said you have the OS 21TM in your Jato and was thinking this Clutch may work with your set up but Im not sure. Its a great clutch that allows many different setups. Just have 2 be careful with how you set it up. Like what spring tension and what shoe you run with your engine because that is a pretty powerful engine and the Jato rear end is pretty weak in tearms of fast hits of tourqe like that engine can produce. But if u find the right spring tension and shoe setup your jato will have SUCH SICK take off and of course you'll have the hight top end you already have. Its just a thought. Not sure if it will work but you can do a little more research on it and try an find out if you are interested in it. Its kinda a big price tag but a great procuct and If you ask me and it would work for you I would deff get it. I was looking 2 get it but not sure that its gonna work with my .12tz or trx .3.3 Im gonna try 2 find more info on it. Be sure u read the info they have on the page and understand all you can do with it. Hope it works.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2263
Wow that is a sweet set up. I checked my clutch today but it seems fine. Im figuring it could be that the stock spring could be to week for the motor. This clutch looks awesome. I'm gonna look further into it. Thanks man.