RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thats it.......Tmaxx 2.5.....Very Concerned
Old 06-12-2003, 03:55 PM
POJack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thats it.......Tmaxx 2.5.....Very Concerned

Originally posted by phil313
If I get another person telling me it always stalls then I am cancelling my order! Could you reply if you own a 2.5 Tmaxx and tell me if your having stalling problems? I plan on using this for lengthy distances and if it stalls all the time I don't want it!!! What it boils down to is stalling is my biggest concern. I don't feel like chasing the truck everywhere!!!

Thanks for replying!
You can listen to the people who post about the 2.5 being a great engine. But when you have to constantly run over to it and restart it, don't say I didn't tell you so. T-Maxx is a great truck, and the engine that it comes with would be a great one if it weren't for the fact that it stalls all the time. The 2.5 was my 5th nitro vehicle, so I had a fair amount of experience with engine tuning. And by far, it was the worst engine as far as reliability is concerned. I've read here on the forums and talked to very experienced nitro guys who have said that they can't keep it running. If you aren't willing to spend extra money on a better engine, then I would just go ahead and get another MT.