RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spickler Quickie 500 Laser Kit
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 PM
BobHH
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spickler Quickie 500 Laser Kit

Well guys, just got back into the country last night and been pondering the kit offer. Seeing how not too many people are interested in the old Spickler 500 and I kind of only want to kit my own designs I was thinking of another approach.

After looking at the numbers and price of shipping, plans and boxes, etc the price is getting a bit high. I was wondering if it would be easier just to offer the laser cut file free to anyone who wants a kit. I would just e-mail you the laser file in AutoCAD and either send you the file for the CAD plans I’ve drawn up or you could pull the file off of Don Stegall’s website and have them printed at you local Kinkos. You can send the cut file to any of the various laser cutters and have as many cut as you want. I will even supply the build of material to finish up the kit.

Or better yet I could modify the cut files for just the fuselage parts and you can get Don to cut you a wing out.

What do you think? I’m sure it would be a bit cheaper and everyone would same a little. Let me know what you would like.

Thanks,

Bob Harris