RCU Forums - View Single Post - Photo of BSE 90L FIRE. Outrageous specs!
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2003, 12:52 AM
Dustflyer
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 90L

Blue Skyy,

I guess we'll just have to wait until I get it on the test stand to see whether it is really up to the "old" 90L standard. You will be the first to know how I make out with it.

Just wanted you to know I think it is fantastic that you participate in this forum. Many years ago I wanted a fast airplane to prepare for flying model turbines. I searched the web and found your original "High Speed Prop Planes" web site. Back then it was the only site of its kind. Don't know if you still maintain it but it was really cool.

After putting nearly a hundred flights on my Diamond Dust I went on to successfully fly the HotSpot jet you see in my avatar. It's plently cool but you know what, I still love those high speed prop planes!

In many ways these planes are a lot more fun than turbines. They are a fraction of the cost and for that reason a lot less stressful to fly.

Right now my HotSpot is gathering dust while I tinker around with this Patriot. Until it's ready I'm getting a big charge out of flying my 60L powered Whiplash. I've got a Jett FIRE 50 powered "clipped" Dust ready to go as well. It looks like another real bullet.

I know it sounds weird but I'm actually a lot more excited about getting the Patriot going than flying my jet right now. I guess it's the "outside the box" idea of a 90 powered Patriot that has me juiced. No doubt it's the reason Great Planes has discontinued it again, too many crazy guys like me trying to stuff 427's into Novas.