RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 AM
ptuxbury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF

Well, I take my words back about "pretty much no way I'll be able to recover it".

After tromping around the wetlands for about 45 minutes this morning (and just before I was about to give up), I found my canopy face down floating in the water. Hooray! That was pretty much the worst way it could have fallen for visibility given that the grasses and reeds are almost the same color as the ply wood, but I got lucky and just happened to stumble across it. The water wasn't as bad as I thought - a little over a foot deep at the worst, but I could feel the cold through my waders. It also helped that temperatures dropped below freezing overnight. The patches of grass and reeds were pretty much frozen so I could walk across them for the most part.

The plastic on the canopy is cracked pretty badly near the back, but I think I can fix it. I'm just happy to have something I can use for the next couple of months.

A6Ordie, I had already done as you had suggested yesterday. I sent an email to Great Planes asking for help. I guess I don't need it so much now, but I'll still wait to see what they say.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89521.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	160.8 KB
ID:	1160359