RCU Forums - View Single Post - ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........
Old 03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
t dawgv12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Hey everyone,
Sorry to hear about the crashes flyguy and gagt2nv.
For anyone is interested here is an update on my learning. So far I have flown my v2 5 times for about 10 minutes each time give or take time for landing and taking off again. I have not balanced the blades and my pitch gauge hasn't arrived form HK yet so I haven't checked pitch but the heli seems to fly quite nicely RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. The manual said that the blade tracking and gyro were set at the factory but to check them before flight anyhow. I did the checks and the blades were both dead even at 0 and the gyro works perfectly. I followed a self-modified version of RADD'S school basically combining batteries 1-9 into batteries 1-3 I could not remain any more patient than that. My five flights are not part of the schooling. A few hard landings on the training gear and a two light tail rotor strikes against a wooden edging where I fly it indoors after work. Thankfully no crashes and damaged parts yet! I am pretty much scared out of my mind every time it leaves the ground but love it at the same time. I have a lot of trouble controlling the heli if I am looking at it from any angle other than straight on from the rear and the same thing goes if it gets anywhere higher than my eye level or anywhere beyond about 20 feet away! I'm sure the more flights I get in the more I will gain control so no worries here. I'm completely impressed with my heli so far and can't wait to get my extra batteries in. I ended up ordering two Zippy flight max 2200mAh 20C 3s LiPos from hobbycityonline along with some other assorted, and not necessarily heli related, goodies after some strong recommendations from some other fliers.

Happy flying!
Tyler