RCU Forums - View Single Post - ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........
Old 03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
t dawgv12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ........... BELT CP V2 Thread..........

Ha! My "luck" has run out!,well to some extent anyhow. Last night after work I was attempting to spin slowly in place while hovering about 2 feet off the deck which as I mentioned is exceedingly difficult for my brain/hands to accomplish. I got about 80 degrees around when I let it slide out from hover, no big deal since I'm not high or moving fast but as I eased off the collective my heli had enough momentum to slide about 3 feet across the slick tile floor on its t-gear and strike the wooden edging/post that borders this tile area[] The main rotor hit the post (but didn't get damaged any more than a paint flake at the tipas it was slowly spinning at this point as I was off the gas) this flipped the heli on its side violently snapping the t-gear center brace. Upon inspection I found one of the ball retaining ends on one of the ring-links (EK1-0413) had split in the middle. Shaft and cross shafts seem to be clear of damage and when I spun up the blades everything looked and sounded as smooth as normal. I am sad because it is probably a good idea to not fly it until I replace the ring link (which are also difficult to locate and I know they are the same for the king3). Hopefully I can find one soon and get back in the air.
Happy flyin' n' fixin'
Tyler