RCU Forums - View Single Post - exi servos
Thread: exi servos
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 08:12 PM
aviatrix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exi servos

The EXI Digital Servos are junk. Don't waste your money on them. I purchased four D113F 9-gram and three D122F 37-gram servos. All of them are weak in torque, poor and weak centering, and can be dangerous to use on helis. The biggest and most frequent problem is that sometimes any one of the three servos on my CCPM heli will just sit there for as much as 1/2 second or more when the collective pitch stick is moved while the other combined servos move as commanded. It is very obvious when moving the collective pitch and only two of the three servos will raise the swashplate which causes a brief rolling action until the lagging servo positions itself correctly, and it's not always the same one. Ocassionally, one of the servos will quickly jerk the opposite direction before trying to catch up with the other two. Yesterday, one of them centered almost 30-degrees off when powering up the machine. I powered it off, and then back up again, in which it then centered. I'm very dissapointed with these servos and have already ordered replacement servos elsewhere.