RCU Forums - View Single Post - Smith Mini Plane Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 09:01 PM
sir crashallot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Smith Mini Plane Rebuild

i had a wayfarer biplane cant remember the manufacturer and was built by my friend, however after about a year of flying it i had a missahap and was flying inverted across the strip,
DEADSTICK at 8 maybee 10 ft off the ground i had no option but to land it inverted as it would have stalled if id have tried to flip it right side up. shatterd the top foam venered wing and broke one of the ply main caben struts clean off the fus,
the next weekend it was back at the field with the other cabane sawn clean off and some little patches of red covering to cover the bare ply of what remained of the cabane strut, after carefull ballancing and an ugly long nose it flew, wasnt as forgiving on the landings as it had to come in fast due to the high weight to wing area ratio. but from the looks of yours you may get away with it
keep the engine as far back on the mount as possible so it fetches the prop closer to the wing too, heck its all fun and if it flys again its a bonus just remember to make sure the repairs are strong enough to handel the forces